Monday, February 27, 2012
Hello Phi Phop !!
It is believed in Thai and Laos culture that Phi Pop is a malicious spirit normally manifests as a beautiful woman with only length of internal organs and intestines suspended from a beautiful face. Phi Pop is one of the most difficult to get rid of. It is said that it feeds on flesh and blood of humans… It floats through the air at night and in daylight, it dwells in plants, normally a large banana tree. So if you are walking alone in the dark, beware of beautiful women gliding mysteriously by in long dress. If I am not mistaken, the Malaysian equivalent of this type of spirit is called "Penangalan".
Though horrible, there is still a way to "catch" it and make it your slave.. if you are bold enough.
Below is the "how-to":
1. Prepare 7 joss sticks, 3 limes, 6 red chillies and 1 cocunut.
2. Inscribe above Yantra on a banana leaf using coconut oil.
3. Chant "Om Ra-Cha-Ra-Cha-Maha-Phi-Phop-Ta-Ma-Sa" 108x.
4. Tie the Yantra around a banana tree using a red cotton string.
5. Prepare a large glass bottle with a glass lid.
6. Fill the bottle with clear water.
7. Tie the other end of the red cotton string around the mouth of the bottle.
8. After completed chanting 108x, set the Yatra alight while hitting the ground with your left palm 3x.
9. The water must turn pinkly red to prove that Phi Pop is inside the bottle.
10. If the water is still clear, then the ritual is unsuccessful. (Get the hell of of there!!)
11. If successful, the water will become thick after two weeks.
This ritual is contributed by a friend who is well versed in Thai magic. I thank him for his contribution.