Saturday, September 2, 2017

Wrong Reincarnation Attempt (投错胎)

Some religions believe in reincarnation while others dismissed such an idea as absurd. 

I am not an advocate of the theory of reincarnation but to share with you a very strange story I heard from a lady in her 50's. She is known as Madam Yee.

The Buddhist center I attached to performed free blessing rituals to visitors during the 7th Lunar Month. One day, while I was on duty and Madam Yee came to me with her story:

"A few days ago, I had very strange similar dreams for a consecutive 3 nights. In the dream, I was jogging at Air Itam Dam and a man came from the opposite site.

When both of us came closer, I noticed that the man was wearing old Chinese costume and his face was very pale. 

The man suddenly flagged at me asking me to stop. Strangely too I obliged.

The man said that I owed him a life but before I can put one plus one together, he started to strangle me and I couldn't breathe... 

Just as I was passing out, my late grandma's voice was heard from my back. She said that I shouldn't have come to her house and that it was my mistake...

I suddenly awoke finding myself lying in my bed soaking wet by my own cold sweat.

Feeling strange on having three exactly similar strange dream, I went to my 90 year old mother to tell her my dreams.

Mom looked stunted after hearing my story and she told me that before she give birth to me, she had a very strange dream too...

In my mom's dream some 50 odd years ago, she could still remember that the night before she was giving birth, a boy and a girl ran towards her. The boy was apparently taken the lead but the girl suddenly gave the boy a push causing he to tripped and fell down. After that the girl bumped into mom's tummy and I was born.

Until today, mom still firmly believe that I am supposed to be a boy instead of a girl. True enough I grew up like a tomboy and most of my friends are men.

So, Brother Liew, what do you think about my dreams? Will my opponent continue to trouble me?"

I looked at Madam Yee and replied: "I doubt so. Since your opponent has 3 unsuccessful attempts. And that you are almost half gone too... there is no point for him to pursue the same course with what is left of you."

Do you believe in reincarnation too? To me, one life is enough. Reincarnation is a no-no for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment