Sunday, August 26, 2018

Taxi Driver N Ghost (计程司机与鬼)

I like to chat with taxi drivers as they do have some insights on current affairs... And about ghosts too!

Once I took a night taxi from down town to my house. It was quite difficult to get a taxi to stop. Luckily one finally stopped in front of me. I quickly jumped in and as the taxi sped off, we started to chat.

Out of curiosity, I asked the driver: "Not many people willing to pick up a passenger because of scared of robber or something else?"

The driver, known as Lim in his 60's smiled and said: "Well, both. I was robbed a few times and fetched some ghostly passengers too..."

"Sorry about the robbers, but don't mind telling me your ghostly encounters?" I was tempted to know.

After a moment of silence, then Lim half jokingly said: "Well... I gave the robbers money but I ask the ghosts to give me money!"

I passed a strange look and he continued: "Naturally giving money to robbers is the only thing I could do or I will definitely be hurt... And there is a reason to ask money from ghosts even though I am 100% sure that I will not get the money. Money seems to be the magic word to exorcise ghosts...

Once I was alone along Macalister Road, a young lady flagged me and I stopped to let her in. She wanted to go to Tanjung Bungah. As I drove along, I habitually chat with my passenger as I am doing with you.

After asking a few questions, the lady remained silent. Feeling strange, I looked into my rear mirror and to my horror as there was no one at the backseat!

At first I thought I better turned my steering wheel and headed home. Then and again, perhaps I would just drive along and see what would happened.

A few minutes later, the lady appeared in the reflection of my back mirror again... I instantly knew that the lady is not human beings.

In order to brave myself, I started to talk in spite of not getting any responses. The lady's face remained grim and expressionless. 

Then I thought on if the lady could pay for the ride in our local legal currency or just hell notes...

I braved myself and spoke aloud to the lady when she asked me to stop near a Chinese cemetry: "Hey lady, I know you are not human. Can you pay me in MYR than in hell notes?!"

*SLAPPED*

Suddenly she gave me a slap in the face and yelled out: "I know what you are up to you sex maniac! I will call for help if you dare to touch me!!"

She threw me a 50 dollar note, opened the door and ran towards a high rise building. As soon as the lady disappeared into darkness, I recovered from shock and quickly drove off. Apparently the lady is a human after all, someone wight come out a gave me a smack on the head! Ha! ha! ha!"

The taxi soon arrived in front of my apartment, I paid the driver and opened the door. Before I alighted the taxi, I half jokingly asked: "Would you still ask for money if you are so lucky as to get a ghost passenger?"

"No, no more brother! There is no such thing as ghosts! Ha! Ha! Ha!"


No comments:

Post a Comment