Ashif is said to be one of Prophet Solomon's minister. His name of power contains Ismul A'dhom (Ya Hayyu Ya Qoyyum). This is one of God's name of power. Ya Hayyu Ya Qoyyum is also inscribed on the staff of Moses.
It is described in Kitab Al-Aufaq authored by Imam al-Ghali, Ashif transferred Queen of Balqis's (Sheba) palace to front of Prophet Solomon with the use of this name of power.
Asma Ashif Bin Barkhoya is guarded by three khodam of rohaniat. Namely, Ahyaan, Syarohiyaan and Baroohiyan from the fourth heaven.
- Burn some Bukhur Sulthon (a type of incense)
- Wear perfume Malaikatul Kubro
- Recite this asma below on Friday night:
- "ALLAHUMA SHALLI ALA SULAIMAN" (3X)
- "ALLAHUMA SHALLI ALA KHIDIR" (3X)
- "ALLAHUMA SHALLI ALA MUHAMMAD" (3X)
- "ALLAHUMA YAA HAYYU YAA QOYYUUM YAA DZAL JALALI WAL IKROM BIHAQQI AHIYAN SYAROOHIYAN BAROHIYAAN ADUNAAYA ASHBAUTI ALI SYADAYA" (717x each night, 7x after each prayer)
- "ALLAHUMA AQSAMTU ALAIKUM MINAL KHUDDAMI AHYAAN SYAROHIYAAN BAROOHIYAN WA ALAIKA ASMAUL KHUUDAM ALLUHA ASSAAH ASSAAH AL AJAL AL AJAL BIILMIKA WAJHIKA SULTHONIL ADZIM"