Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Sutra Of 33 Heaven (三十三天经)


Source from Wiki:

 

“The Trāyastriṃśa heaven (忉利天) is an important world of the devas in Buddhist cosmology. The word trāyastriṃśa is an adjective formed from the numeral trayastriṃśat, "33" and can be translated in English as "belonging to the thirty-three [devas]". It is primarily the name of the second heaven in Buddhist cosmology, and secondarily used of the devas who dwell there.

 

The Trāyastriṃśa heaven is the second of the heavens of the Kāmadhātu (欲界), and the highest of the heavens that maintains a physical connection with the rest of the world. Trāyastriṃśa is located on the peak of Sumeru (須彌山). This heaven is somehow comparable to the Greek Olympus in some respects.

 

The "thirty-three" in the name of the heaven is not an enumeration of the gods who live there (there are far more) but a general term inherited from Vedic mythology, implying "the whole pantheon of gods". Hindu mythology provides a full list (with some variations) of thirty-three named deities, but it is inconsistent with the Buddhist conception and mythology of these devas.”

 

Not many people are aware that Mountain Lu Taoism (闾山教) has a practice aimed at gaining supernatural power. This practice is known as “The Sutra Of 33 Heaven”. One must first memorize the below sutra by heart:

 

“伏以拜请灵天清清,三十三天太真经合以深山修炼正法通天,透地神兵行,弟子奉上天法教如来老祖睗法令,弟子传炼神兵将二大法门斗星三十六营诸猛将,听吾出指显灵,头戴龙天金宝塔,五行全法吾修身,弟子吾修五经卷,亥子两刻吾修身,左右华光睗法令,睗入吾肚變是仙,一罡行气宝剑,一斗踏出沙石行,左有六丁是吾将,右有六甲是吾兵,吾今诵念天经卷,五殿法门进法来,金法飞刀土木走,尽降天车五雷行,天兵天法降,吾明吾明化作千万兵,吾明龙宫千万将,随行罡斗尽来临,三十六营诸猛将,随口吾身尊发行,年千六万吾变化随吾变藏万里山,千人看不见,万人看无影,吾奉玄天真口诀,闾山门下大法连,南无大华阿弥陀佛急急如有令,勒摄神兵变化,飞砂走石,金木水火土速行速现变回前,勒下有灵,急到有声,太上清宫万法同门,神箭通灵,万法到,隐藏法界入腹心,灵飞天走地万神,在身太阳太阴,乾元亨利贞降英雄兵,坎水波涛急,离火架火又红,艮山封鬼路,坤地留人门,巽风吹山岳,震雷霹雳声,神上高尊王府正乙龙位勒炼神到,法到护我身,急扶身通化勒令者令吾奉太上老君勒令急急如律令。”

 

(Prostration to the 33 heavenly sutras coupled with meditation in the mountain, my dharma reaches to heaven. The armies of gods travels through earth, I am following the order of Buddha. I am training generals and soldiers of gods, the stars, 36 fierce armies heed my orders! I have a golden pagoda on my head, five elementals trained my body. I am practising 5 types of sutras at noon and midnight, the fire god is accompanying me. His fire entered my mouth and transformed me to an immortal. My breath turns into sword and movement causes the stones to be blown away. Heavenly generals are on my left, heavenly soldiers are on my right, I am reciting the heavenly sutras and dharma from all 5 palaces comes to me. Now the 5 thunders strike, the heavenly soldiers descended. I am transforming into millions of heavenly soldiers. My soul is hidden inside 10,000miles of mountain ranges; no one can see or find me because I am using the formula of black heaven! I am following the dharma of Mountain Lu and Amitabah Buddhaya, the octagon protects me according to the order of Master Taoist!  )  

 

Method:

 

1.      The above sutra must be recited for 49 times between 9pm to 2am.

2.      This exercise must be performed for 49 consecutive nights.

3.      After the sutra recitation, one must meditate for at least 1 hour.

4.      One must keep all the information or messages from the spiritual world to him/her as too many disclosures to a second party may cause his/her power to fade.

 

Last but not least, the practice to gain psychic power must be treated with sincerity and caution. As a novice, we will not be able to differentiate what types of spirits are present and many practitioners have faced with serious problems during this type of training.

 

2 comments:

  1. Can I recite it in English, or does it have to be in Chinese?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is best to be in Chinese, but perhaps if you try it in English and have any success, then please let me know :)))

      Delete