Friday, June 9, 2017

How To Ruin Your Business

If you are rich enough and you want to see your money gone in a jiffy, then there are many ways:

The first is to invest in so-called 'money games' which is some sort of a pyramid style scam that promises investors a 20% return on investment every month for example. Even though the authority has warned unwary investors, people still throw in billion of dollars every year.

Then what I want to talk about is putting too much magic efforts in your daily business operations and just day dream.

I used to have a caller who liked to talk over the phone for hours almost every day. Of course, it was fun at first but there just weren't enough magical materials to talk about after a while and such phone call became nuisances.

This caller of mine is Gary who owned a fast food restaurant and a boutique. Gary liked to asked for magic rituals to boost his businesses. According to him, he has collected many Thai amulets and statues but the business was not improving.

So, Gary wanted more powerful rituals from me.

I suggested to Gary to set up an altar for 5 legionnaire armies and he did. The business improved for a while and then Gary felt bored and he stopped calling me for a while.

A few months later, Gary started to call me again. This time he complaint about bad businesses and severe competitions.

Upon rounds of interrogations, I found that Gary's worker who mastered his cooking technique opened another fast food stall just across the street. Unfortunately speaking, this worker sold the same item as Gary's with even lower prices. No wonder Gary's business was affected.

Gary called me again and I audited his premises, and suggested to him to make some improvements.

A few months later, Gary called me again and said his business has picked up but not for long.

Again, we engaged in a rather long conversation. From this conversation, I learnt of Gary's real problem: the items he sold were just too ordinary. With intense competitions in Penang, food and beverages businesses must consistently make changes to lure new customers in order to survive.

I told Gary my suggestions and I didn't heard of him for one year.

One year later, Gary told me that he has consulted many masters in Thailand and Vietnam but of no avail.

Now, he was in debt and his wife had to borrow money from her old acquaintance one way or another... *_*!

I have not heard of Gary for a long time now and I hate to ask him.

The moral of Gary's case is that a business owner must get his/her hands dirty and run his/her business; any other means are merely supplementary.

No comments:

Post a Comment