Insects’ stings or bites present problems to persons who love outdoor activities but with sensitive skins for a single ant bite will cause the skin to swell and become red and in some instances the swelling takes a long time to recover and even upon recovery, the place will leave with sting marks. So I have collected some of the unorthodox methods for some common insect bites:
· A more effective way is to mix some tobacco ash with a little saliva and then apply onto the bite mark; soon the swelling or itch will subside.
· If you are tormented by mosquitoes in the summer and cannot sleep, recite the mantra: “天地太明，日月太晴，陰陽太和，急急如律令。” The mosquitoes will leave you for good.
· Burn the white part of onion stem then apply on the part stung by bee.
· Write “丙丁火” on the ground, recite “丙丁火” 7 times and then take the dirt to apply on the stung place.
· Use sweet potato juice or yam leave stem juice and apply on the wounds.
· Scramble a chicken egg then apply the mixture onto the wound.
Any other poisonous insects
· Write the word “也” on the bitten part.
· Mesh the leaves of morning glory and apply on the wounds.
· Recite mantra: “不要忘了明藏王和站在河邊的娘娘” (do not forget the king of Ming Zhang and the lady who stands by the river).
Still, I must caution; seek modern medical attentions first and the above methods are not meant to replace a doctor’s medication.