Monday, September 10, 2018

CTD Kids Vs Drowned Ghost (神功小子与水鬼)

For a moment, the practice of Chinese 'Tenaga Dalam' (CTD) or 'shen-gong' (神功) became very popular following the Hong Kong supernatural talk show: Guaitan (怪谈). Youths all over the world were boiled with excitement on conjuration practices and CTD.

This great fervor of conjuration exercises naturally burnt to Malaysia and what I can say is that there was even fan clubs established to support Hong Kong TV crews. Of course, there are even more small undocumented groups acted on their owns on ghost hunting, conjuration and testing the power of CTD.

I have bumped into a few of these groups in the field and dragged at least one out of water...

The incident happened about 10 years ago when the HK TV show was at its peak. A group of 5 or perhaps 6 kids around 15 to 18 years old assembled near an abandoned tin mine pool near where I lived. The pool is now being refilled and developed into a housing estate.

The place was quite isolated then. At normal times, only anglers were there to fish for snakeheads. There were incidents of people drowned in that pool and the place was reputed to be haunted...

At that time, I was on a long vacation after sailing. I went to the place to practise my Asma Sungei Rajah (ASR). My old method required me to dip half of my body in the water and recite ASR during Thursday night.

So, it was way past 9 pm at night. A group of kids came to the pond and started to burn some incense and one of them threw some joss papers into the air.

Then another kid started to recite some mantra while others watching in silence. I was attracted to what the group did and somehow forgotten about my ASR practice.

Soon the kid suddenly fell into trance and started to swing his body left and right. The other kids tried to catch hold of the kid in trance but he seemed to possess a sudden zap of energy so much so that even 5 kids failed to catch hold of the one in trance.

The leader started to storm his feet and reciting mantra perhaps in the hope to make his friend awoke from trance but in futile.

The one in trance started to moan and groan and walked towards the pond; i.e. in my direction. I thought if I had not acted, this kid will get himself drowned for sure.

So I rushed to catch hold of him. Unfortunately, my sudden rush scared his other 5 companions and they suddenly dispersed while shouted: "Drowned ghost!!"

Now I became the drown ghost materialization!!

Of course, I have no time to waste and I grabbed hole of the kid. He struggled and luckily I was a sailor used to carry heavy weights and at home with water (then, not now).

I recited ASR and blew a breath on his face and the kid started to calm down a little. Luckily a passerby saw us struggling in the water and he too jumped in and helped me to bring the kid to the bank.

After some effort, the kid regained consciousness and he declined to be sent home. So, I let him has his way.

The lesson of this story is that conjuration is a dangerous game especially if the location is not safe. The kid might be lucky then. He wouldn't be so lucky now as I am far out of shape and stamina now...

No comments:

Post a Comment